jueves, 20 de octubre de 2011

Corteo

Hi guys! Again after a week I brought other show of the famous and spectacular Cirque du Soleil this time it`s called "Corteo" which means "cortege" in Italian and it`s about a festive parade imaged by a clown and is touring in France, Spain and Netherlands. The show brings together the passion of the actor with the grace and power of the acrobat to plunge the audience into a theatrical world of fun, comedy and spontaneity situated in a mysterious space between heaven and earth. 


In this show, the clown pictures his own funeral taking place in a carnival atmosphere, watched over by quietly caring angels. This show makes an opposition between the large with the small, the ridiculous with the tragic, and the most important fact the magic of perfection with the charm of imperfection, showing the strength and fragility of the clown, as well as his wisdom and kindness, to illustrate the portion of humanity that  is within each of us. Corteo such the other Cirque Du Soleil show takes the audience in a trip of magic escaping of reality.    

A random and interesting fact of this show is about the clothes, for example, the finer details of the outfits were inspired by European styles between 1890 and 1930. The color palette chosen was soft in nature, including blue, pink, and fuchsia along with copper and gold hues. In order to create a worn-in, hand-me-down style of clothing, the costumes were airbrushed and dyed. Common fabrics throughout the wardrobe include silk, linen, and cotton, which are adorned with beaded lace, sequins, and gemstones. In total, more than 900 fabrics were utilized to create the 184 costumes.

So... people I really hope that you had enjoyed the show of the week and see you soon! :D Thanks! 

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello Dany! I really enjoyed reading your new post. Since I was a kid I liked going to the circus but going to one of the Cirque du Soleil show was amazing! I cannot compare any other circus show with this one. I haven't seen Corteo but I guess it's as awesome as Quidam (the one I've seen). It's hard to believe all it took to create just the customs, a Circus du Soleil show must be a very complex production! But not matter how difficult it was to create the show because it is all worth the effort. The show is really good and it actually transport you to another world, you even feel like you're part of the show with their big scenery.
    I also admire because it does not only takes good choreographed acrobats but a good story. The writers of the "play" use all their imagination and try to include a didactic topic, like in Corteo where they show you that portion of human we all have inside.
    I should say that after reading this I really want to go to see Corteo. I guess I'll have to wait until they come back to the city.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It is an interesting post you did. I believe it is unbelievable to see a show like this, it sound like the kind of show which drives you to every corner of your imagination and suddenly drags you out to reality and to how you really are. Also, I think that the idea of showing a clown’s funeral from heaven or something is very original and it will be so cool to see that. I do not know why, but this shows, somehow, let you see inside of yourself and open you to new experiences and new thoughts.

    ResponderEliminar